Oscar winner Cate Blanchett’s hairstyle’s gorgeous! Here’s how to do it at home.
Cate Blanchett won an Oscar for her performance in Blue Jasmine. Here hairstyle, harkening back to old Hollywood glam a la Lauren Bacall was a winner too. Want to recreate that stunning hairstyle? You can!
Celebrity hairstylist Robert Vetica used Vidal Sassoon Pro Series products to set her hair andgive her that look. Here are the step-by-step directions.
1. First prep wet hair with a golfball size of Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Boost & Lift Foaming Air Mousse, applying throughout the hair for touchable volume, shine and hold.
2. Create a low side part, and then blow-dry hair with HairArt Tourmaline Dryer. Using a 100% boar bristle brush designed by Robert Vetica for Moroccan Oil, roll hair away from the face as to not flatten strands while creating bounce. Use the Boost & Lift Foaming Air Mousse to help keep hair protected against humidity and be sure to blow-dry hair in the front to create soft bangs. Once you have created the desired shape, clip the bangs in place while they cool and then blow-dry the rest of the hair.
3. Once hair is dry, spray each 2-inch section with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Heat Protect & Shine Spray to protect hair from heat styling. Then, using a ¾ -inch curling iron, curl hair until midway down and continue to curl around the perimeter of the hair for 10 seconds to ensure a strong set.
4. Using a curling iron, set the ends of the hair starting at the nape of the neck. Once the hair has cooled, brush out the curls to soften the look. While brushing the hair out, backcomb the sides and the ends to ensure flexibility.
5. Next, spray Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Flexible Hold Hairspray to hold the look.
6. To finish, add a layer of the Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Extra Firm Hold Hairspray, and use a pin underneath, so that hair stays close to the side of the head. Take fine sections of hair, backcomb and pin the other section of hair on top to cover up the pin.