Need to conquer your world? Whip out a facial wipe!
Image via Everything Under the Sun
Facial wipes are your skin’s BFF when you’re too damn exhausted to wash your face at the end of the day. Those moist cloth slips can also help you MacGyver your way through anything. As long as you’re using the non-oily kind, you can conquer the world in seconds. Seriously. Throw them in your bag and wherever you go, you'll be leaping tall buildings in a single bound. Not really, but you'll knock out grime and eewwy things too.
Hack it out!
- Takes deodorant off clothing; gently rub the wipe on the stain until it disappears.
- The wipes can clean your makeup brushes and kill any lurking bacteria in them at the same time.
- Get rid of stains on your clothing. Hold the wipe to the blot and let it soak up that spot.
- Shine patent leather and vegan (non-leather) shoes. Lightly swipe the wipe (go ahead say that phrase three times fast, I dare you) on your shoes until they are bright again.
Nasty Gal Stocker patent leather boot, $108.
- Clean your computer screen.
Stegasaurus table lamp, $34, Karma Kiss
- Dusty, grimy tchotchkes look new again in seconds once you apply the wipe. It even gets into tiny crevices.
- At the gym use the wipe on sticky, sweaty equipment before you use it.
- Speaking of the gym, if you don’t have time to hit the shower after your workout, use a facial wipe or two to clean yourself up.
- Facial wipes are formulated to be gentle on your skin, use them to clean your hands instead of a harsh alcohol-based anti-bac gel.
- Cools you off in hot weather or if you have hot flashes. Apply the wipe to the back of your neck and your wrists. You’ll feel happier in seconds.
- Speaking of feeling cooler; have a job interview, a first date, or anything else that might make you perspire? Run into a bathroom and use the facial wipe to discretely freshen up.
- Instant hydrating mask. Place it over your face for three to five minute and you’re done.
- Instead of dry shampoo spray, use it along your hairline to grab any excess oil. It also adds volume.
- Annoying bug bites become less itchy when you apply a facial wipe that contains witch hazel. It has anti-inflammatory properties that will temporarily soothe it.
- Removes grime and makeup from your phone’s screen.
- Picks up dust from furniture in seconds.
Two to try:
Simple cleansing facial wipes, $6.29, Walgreen’s
Dickinson’s daily cleansing cloths, refreshingly clean, $6.99, Walgreen's