Celebrity manicurist Skyy Hadley shares her at home spa treatment.
Hands need a little TLC? Celebrity manicurist Skyy Hadley, whose clients include Faith Evans, Janelle Monae and Mariska Hargitay and is the owner of the As U Wish nail spa understands how we can really destroy our poor hands. Whether you're playing sports, working or cleaning up your house, hands can take a beating. Skyy's sharing the perfect at home spa treatment with us.
Skyy Hadley’s Luxury Rejuvenating Hot Cream At-Home Hand Treatment
1. Remove all nail polish with a gentle polish remover
2. Begin by sloughing off dead and dry skin from palms and backs of hands with a homemade sugar scrub (salt scrubs can be drying or irritating):
Mix sugar, a few drops of vegetable glycerin and an uplifting essential oil like peppermint or rosemary in a medium-sized bowl.
3.Gently rub hands together to scrub away dullness. Remove scrub with a warm wet cloth.
4.Do NOT soak fingers in water, as doing so will actually draw the moisture OUT of your skin.
5. Instead, heat up 2 plastic baggies full of a thick, luxurious cream and add a few drops of an invigorating essential oil such as tangerine, ylang ylang, or chamomile.
6. Heat until very warm but not too hot, then place hands in bags for about 2 minutes, allowing moisture to penetrate the skin.
7. Remove hands from bag and massage cream into skin, wiping off any excess.
Your hands should instantly feel smooth and look radiant!