Dancer/actress Julianne Hough wore a grey Topshop dress and a rockin' updo to the Met Gala.
Last night at the Met Gala for their latest costume exhibit, Punk: Chaos to Couture, Julianne Hough wore a grey strapless in a cobweb print from TopShop, glittery shoes from Giuseppe Zanotti shoes, a Calvin Klein clutch, and Jacob & Co. jewelry.
To better show off her shoulders, Julianne's hair was done up in an edgy updo that gave a hint of pompodour--slightly rebellious, very sexy and oh so chic. Celebrity hairstylist Riawna Capri did the updo using Vidal Sassoon Pro Series products. Follow the directions and you can do it yourself.
1. First, prep wet hair with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Boost & Lift Foaming Air Mousse to create lots of volume and texture.
2. Then spritz Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Heat Protect & Shine Spray to protect hair while blow drying it. Blow dry hair with round brush until completely dry.
3. Apply a small amount of Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Mega Firm Hold Gel to the hair. Taking 1 inch sections, create a smooth ponytail on the side of the head. Secure each ponytail with a clear, plastic hair tie and repeat until you have three ponytails on each side.
4. Taking loose pieces of hair, use black bobby pins and create tight secured style. Use bobby pins creatively to achieve edgier style.
5. Take bangs and slightly twist, while pulling back to create a vintage curl pompadour. Secure at the back of the head by crossing black bobby pins.
6. Use Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Flexible Hold Hairspray to design the hair look. Once you have hair in place, lock the style in place with the Extra Firm Hold Hairspray.
The TopShop dress will go on sale later on this year.