Olivia Wilde's loose waves were sexy and the perfect compliment to her Met Ball gown.Here's how to get that hairstyle at home.
Olivia Wilde and her fiance, Jason Sudeikis were at New York City's Metropolitan Museum's gala celebrating their newest costume exhibit, Punk: Chaos to Couture. Olivia wore a custom designed Calvin Klein gown, an Art Deco platinum ring from Fred Leighton and an Iwonya Ludga design bracelet.
Olivia's hair was styled by Ben Skervin, who used Vidal Sassoon Pro Series products. Here are the step-by-step directions on how to get that same look at home.
Here’s how Ben created Olivia’s look:
1. On wet hair, work in Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Boost & Lift Foaming Air Mousse to create texture and volume. Then work fingers through the hair for a rough dry.
2. Around the front hair line and forehead use a round brush to blow dry sections straight. This gives softness around the face.
3. Once hair is dry, wrap one inch sections of hair down the barrel of the iron in a spiral holding for only 4-5 seconds, creating slight waves.
4. Once the entire head has been slightly waved, let hair cool.
5. Spray texturizing spray into the hair roots to give a beachy, undone texture.
6. Brush the hair out and set using Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Flexible Hold Hairspray to hold waves in place.